Where does your money go?
The Torquay Foreshore Caravan Park is managed by the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee – a not-for-profit, community based organisation that manages 37km of Crown coastal reserves between Torquay and Lorne. All dollars raised are reinvested back into the coastal reserves, caravan parks and community.
Great Ocean Road Coast has an ongoing commitment to tourism and business in the Torquay community through:
- supporting a number of local events such as Surf Coast Marathon, the Torquay NightJar Festival, and surf carnivals
- partnering with community groups for years of conservation and revegetation work across the coast with a number of volunteer and school groups
- working with the local surf schools to re-issue surf school licences at Torquay to support the local surf school industry and local camp accommodation providers
- contributing to the salaries of the professional life guards employed by the Torquay Surf Lifesaving Club
- leasing the successful Salty Dog Cafe at Fishermans Beach and Third Wave Kiosk at Torquay Surf Beach
- funding the $1.7m build of the Surf Coast Walk and the Spring Creek boardwalk
- running our community partnerships, with local families, learning through playing in nature.
We have a number of other projects happening in the Torquay region and all along the Great Ocean Road coastline. Visit the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee’s projects page and sign up to their mailing list for all the latest news. Your camping fees help us protect everyone’s favourite backyard so thank you for staying with us.